Board Seeks Applicants for Municipal Election Compliance Audit Committee
In accordance with the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 (MEA), the Greater Essex County District School Board will approve an Election Compliance Audit Committee to consider compliance audit applications with regard to trustee candidates' financial statements filed under Section 81 of the (MEA) for the 2018 election.
The purpose of the Election Compliance Audit Committee is to:
- Review compliance audit applications, if any, made by electors and decide whether they should be granted or rejected;
- Appoint an auditor, if the application is granted;
- Receive the auditor's report;
- Consider the auditor's report and decide if legal proceedings should be commenced; and
- Give directions accordingly and recover the costs of conducting the compliance audit from the applicant if no apparent contraventions are found.
Committee members should possess a knowledge of the campaign finance rules of the (MEA) so they can make independent decisions on the merits of the applications. As the committee will operate as a quasi-judicial committee, prior experience on a committee, task force or tribunal would also be an asset.
Applications will not be accepted from:
- Employees or officers of the Greater Essex County District School Board;
- Trustees of the Greater Essex County District School Board;
- Candidates in the election for which the Committee is established or family members or employees of same, or any person connected to a candidate through an employments, contractual, business or partnership relationship; or
- Any person who is or intends to volunteer or seek employment to assist any candidate in the election for which the Committee is established, including auditing or preparing trustee candidate financial statements.
Please return a completed "Application Form" by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, July 31, 2018 to the Greater Essex County District School Board, 451 Park Street West, Box 210, Windsor, Ontario N9A 6K1, Attention Shawn Maheux, Manager of Financial Services or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form - Election Compliance Audit Committee 2018.docx
Terms of Reference.docx