The Ministry of Education has mandated school boards in Ontario to provide asymptomatic testing for school staff and students. This initiative is called "Expanded Targeted Testing in Schools".
- asymptomatic testing will be conducted in at least 5% of GECDSB schools each week (3 schools)
- we are required to reach at least 2% of our student population each week
- testing is voluntary
- testing will be conducted by a third party vendor (to be announced)
- testing will be conducted after school hours, on weekends, during the school days, or a combination
- the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit will provide epidemiological data to help determine at which schools or geographic areas testing will be provided
- we are working with our co-terminus board to provide convenient access to testing