November 18, 2021
From the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit:
Dear Families of Windsor and Essex County,
If you are planning to travel outside of Canada there are specific requirements, as outlined by the Government of
Canada that must be adhered to upon your return. We encourage travellers to review the federal guidelines related
to travel before plans are made on the Government of Canada website.
If a parent/guardian qualifies as a fully vaccinated traveller, all unvaccinated children must follow specific
requirements, including testing and isolation requirements, when you return to or enter Canada. This applies to
unvaccinated children (currently all those under 12 years of age). For 14 days upon return to Canada, all unvaccinated
· not attend school, camp or daycare
· not attend large or crowded settings, indoors or outdoors, such as an amusement park or sporting event
· not take buses, subways, trains or other crowded transportation
· not attend a setting where they may have contact with vulnerable people (e.g. long term care facility),
including people who are immunocompromised, regardless of that person’s vaccination status or public health
· stay in a place that allows the child to avoid all contact with any person that:
o has an underlying medical condition that makes the person susceptible to complications related to
o has a compromised immune system from a medical condition or treatment; or
o is 65 years of age or older
· limit contact with others:
o remain with their fully vaccinated parent or guardian, as much as possible
· wear a mask and physically distance when in contact with non-household members.
What children can do for the 14 days upon initial return to Canada, as long as they wear a mask and physically
distance from non-household members:
· visit uncrowded public settings such as parks, beaches or going for a walk
· gather outdoors on your own property with people from multiple households
· gather with a small group of people from outside the household who are all known to be fully vaccinated
· take uncrowded public transportation such as a taxi, or rideshare provided masks are worn at all times by all
· accompany you to essential settings such as a grocery store or pharmacy
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and adherence to these important requirements.
For questions or concerns please contact the Government of Canada, Coronavirus Department, at 1-833-784-4397.