Greater Essex County District School Board 451 Park Street West, Windsor ON N9A 6K1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 19, 2018
Contact: Public Relations Officer Scott Scantlebury
Phone: 519-255-3200 ext. 10224
2018 EQAO Assessment Results
- positive trends -
The achievement results in the 2018 Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) provincial assessments have demonstrated some positive trends for GECDSB students in reading, writing and math.
*The Provincial standard is a result of level 3 or better. Numbers in ( ) indicate difference from 2017 assessment
- 72% (+ 4%) of Grade 3 students and 80% (+3%) of Grade 6 students are meeting the provincial reading standard : +7% Gr.3 / +4% Gr.6 over the past 5 years
- 70% (+3%) of Grade 3 students and 77% (+4%) of Grade 6 students have met the expected level in writing : -3% Gr.3 / +3% Gr.6 over the past 5 years
- 57% (0%) of Grade 3 students and 47% (-1%) of Grade 6 students met the provincial standard in mathematics : -7% Gr.3 / -5% Gr.6 over the past 5 years
- 57% (=10%) of Grade 9 students enrolled in applied math met the provincial standard : +1% over the past 5 years
- 86% (0%) of Grade 9 students enrolled in academic math achieved the provincial standard: +1% over the past 5 years
- 77% (-2%) of Grade 10 students who wrote the Ontario Secondary Schools Literacy Test (OSSLT) were successful on their first attempt : results have been stable over the past 5 years
The Board and individual schools examine the EQAO assessment data, along with other indicators and classroom-based assessment results to refine plans for Board and school improvement.
Detailed reports are available @ https://www.publicboard.ca/Board/EQAO-Results/Pages/default.aspx
For more information or to schedule an interview contact Public Relations officer Scott Scantlebury @ 519-255-3200 ext. 10224 or 519-995-5797.