Greater Essex County District School Board 451 Park Street West, Windsor ON N9A 6K1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 22, 2019
Contact: Public Relations Officer Scott Scantlebury
Phone: 519-255-3200 ext. 10224
School Climate Survey Data
- improved participation in 2019 assessment -
More students, staff and parents / guardians completed the 2019 GECDSB School Climate Survey than in 2017. This biannual examination helps inform decisions at the school and Board level to promote safety, equity, inclusion, positive relationships and well-being.
Superintendent of Education Sharon Pyke provided the GECDSB Board of Trustees a high level review of the data at their regular monthly meeting on May 21st. A synopsis of the results has been posted on the GECDSB website www.publicboard.ca and each school will have a report available on its own website.
Some of the data realized from the surveys includes:
- 90% of all students feel welcome at their schools
- 81% of all students have not experienced bullying
- 44% of students feel they worry too much
- 29% of students spend 5 or more hours on electronic devices on school days
- 11% of students report they use electronic devices +8 hours
- 27% of students are getting the required amount of sleep each night
For more information contact Public Relations Officer Scott Scantlebury @ 519-255-3200 ext. 10224 or 519-995-5797.