Greater Essex County District School Board 451 Park Street West, Windsor ON N9A 6K1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 23, 2021
Contact: Public Relations Officer Scott Scantlebury
Phone: 519-255-3200 ext. 10224
- for 2021-22 school year -
The Board of Trustees of the Greater Essex County District School Board has approved a budget of $566,031,356 for the 2021-22 school year.
This includes an operating budget of $482,054,081 and a capital budget of $83,977,275. The operating budget reflects a deficit of $4,272,908 which will be resolved with the Board's current operating surplus.
- a number of initiatives to support student success and well-being, including investments in an Equity Advisory position, Graduation Coaches, Re-engagement Counsellors and special education supports aligned with student needs.
- investments in Indigenous Education, equity and diversity, and student mental health and well-being.
- an investment in the addition of a STEPS classroom at Massey Secondary School and two GAINS classrooms located in General Brock Public School and Princess Elizabeth Public School.
- The Board is committed to ensuring a healthy school environment through the application and awarding of $15.6 million of funding from COVID-19 Resilience Infrastructure Stream. The Board is utilizing this funding to improve building systems through the replacement of mechanical ventilation systems, addition of new mechanical ventilation systems in certain schools, additional water bottle filling stations, creation of cooling centres, reducing high touch surfaces through automatic door hold open mechanisms, creating more WIFI access points in schools and upgrading child care spaces with dedicated entrances and washroom facilities.
For more information contact Public Relations Officer Scott Scantlebury @ 519-255-3200 ext. 10224.