Greater Essex County District School Board 451 Park Street West, Windsor ON N9A 6K1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 2, 2019
Contact: Public Relations Officer Scott Scantlebury
Phone: 519-255-3200 ext. 10224
Possible School Closures
- one day strike scheduled by OSSTF employees -
The Ontario Secondary Schools Teachers' Federation (OSSTF) has scheduled a full withdrawal of services by its members on Wednesday, December 4, 2019 if a new collective agreement has not been reached on Tuesday, Dec. 3rd.
If that walkout occurs:
- All Greater Essex County District School Board schools – Elementary, Secondary & Continuing Education – will be closed on that day
- Student transportation for GECDSB students will be cancelled
- The 5 GECDSB Early On centres (Begley, West Gate, Roseville, Queen Elizabeth & John Campbell public schools) will be closed
- Coop students will not report to their placements
- School-based daycare centres will be open
GECDSB schools, student transportation and programs are scheduled to resume operation on Thursday, December 5th.
Updates will be posted to the Labour Negotiations 2019 section of our Board website www.publicboard.ca
For more information contact Public Relations Officer Scott Scantlebury @ 519-255-3200 ext. 10224 or 519-995-5797.