Greater Essex County District School Board 451 Park Street West, Windsor ON N9A 6K1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 14, 2021
Contact: Public Relations Officer Scott Scantlebury
Phone: 519-255-3200 ext. 10224
- Return to class after Spring Break-
On Monday, the Government of Ontario ordered all schools in the province to move to full remote (on-line), teacher-led learning following the Spring Break (April 12-16).
Due to the need to prepare and organize for this transition, classes for all GECDSB students will resume on Tuesday, April 20th.
On Monday, the 19th, both elementary and secondary teachers will connect with their students to ensure they are ready for the following day and determine any technical needs and access to resources. They will also provide students with some work for the day they can complete, independently.
- If a student is in need of technology to participate in remote learning, parents/guardians should contact the school.
- Elementary schools will follow their established start and end times.
- Secondary (In-person Adapted) students' first period (Tuesday) will run for 150 consecutive minutes commencing at the regular school start time.
- The format & schedule for the GECDSB Virtual schools (elementary & secondary) will remain the same and resume on Tuesday, April 20th.
- For students with special needs currently registered for in-person learning in the GAINS and STEPS programs, in-person classes will resume on Tuesday, April 20th. A staff member will be in contact on Monday, April 19th to discuss schedules and student transportation.
- All students in GAINS and STEPS classes attending in-person will need to complete and pass a COVID-19 self-screening assessment before being allowed to enter the school.
It is recommended that families rely on trustworthy sources such as the GECDSB website: www.publicboard.ca, Edsby and official GECDSB social media platforms for any information updates.
For more information contact Public Relations Officer Scott Scantlebury @ 519-255-3200 ext. 10224.