School boards are required to conduct anonymous school climate surveys of their students, parent/guardian/community, and staff every two years. In the GECDSB, we have developed our own survey with themes of school climate, equity and inclusion, anti-bullying, and mental health.
These results of the school climate surveys will help inform us and our Safe School teams in determining next steps for schools and the progress made in relation to 2015 goals.
Based on the feedback from administrators, our GEC Parent Involvement Committee, and staff, we have worked to:
- Reduce the number of questions in all surveys.
- Reduce the amount of classroom time it will take the students to complete
- Reduce the amount of time it will take the parent/guardian/community members to complete
- Streamline the surveys overall
- Incorporate new questions in relation to the Ministry of Education's Well-being Strategy.
Surveys are open: Monday, February 6th through Friday, March 3rd, 2017.
Parent/Guardian/Community 2016/17 Parent/Guardian School Climate Survey