(2 Positions- 1 representative from an Essex County secondary school and 1 representative from a City of Windsor secondary school)
The Greater Essex County District School Board invites applications from eligible, qualified students for the position of STUDENT TRUSTEE to serve for the term August 1, 2016 to July 31, 2017.
Student Trustees are eligible to receive an honorarium and reimbursement for pre-approved expenses incurred in the performance of their duties.
To be eligible for the position of Student Trustee, candidates must:
· be in Grade 11 or Grade 12 in the year in which they intend to serve as Student Trustee;
· be in full-time attendance at a secondary school under the jurisdiction of the GECDSB; and
· have access to reliable transportation for meetings, which are normally held at 451 Park Street West, Windsor, ON (A travel allowance is available to successful candidates).
· attend on the 1st Tuesday of each month Standing Committee Meetings (Education and Operations and Finance) which commence at 7:00 p.m.;
· co-chair on the 2nd Tuesday of each month the Student Senate Meeting which commences at 4:30 p.m.;
· attend on the 3rd Tuesday of each month a Public Board Meeting which commences at 7:00 p.m.;
· serve on Ad Hoc Board Committees, as required;
· demonstrate confidentiality and discretion at all times;
· maintain excellent attendance and conduct in accordance with Board Governance By-Laws and the GECDSB’s Code of Conduct policy and regulation AD-28; and,
· other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The incumbent must demonstrate the following: leadership, initiative, excellent communication skills, responsibility, enthusiasm, self-motivation, strong public speaking ability, project planning experience and interpersonal skills.
Applications must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 11, 2016 by:
Erin Kelly, Director of Education
Greater Essex County District School Board
451 Park Street West, P.O. Box 210
Windsor, ON N9A 6K1
Applications must include:
· a detailed resume indicating your age, grade level, academic average, extra-curricular activities, employment and/or community service;
· a 500 word essay on “How I See the Role of Student Trustee”; and
· a letter of recommendation from your Principal.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you would like more information on the position of Student Trustee, contact:
Building Tomorrow Together!