Greater Essex County District School Board Child Care Partner Overview
Schools With Full Day Child Care Programs
- Ministry of Education Licensed Full Day Programs meet the needs of families with Infants, Toddlers and Pre-School aged children
- Specific program information can be found by visiting the Child Care Partner links below
Schools With EarlyON Child and Family Centres
- The Greater Essex County District School Board is proud to host 13 child and family programs in our schools to support you and your child in healthy, active learning and development.
- These provincially-funded and municipally run support programs offer activities and resources for families and their children from birth to age 6 have been combined under the umbrella of EarlyON Child and Family Centres.
|Frank W. Begley Public School||John Campbell Public School |
|Roseville Public School||Queen Elizabeth Public School|
|West Gate Public School||Amherstburg Public School|
|Dougall Public School||General Brock Public School|
|Harrow Public School||Lakeshore Public School|
|Margaret D Bennie Public School||Princess Elizabeth Public School|
|Talbot Trail Public School|| |
Schools With Before and After School Child Care Programs
- The Ministry of Education licensed Before and After school programs offer more opportunities for children to learn and grow. Before and After School programs deliver a seamless day with fewer transitions for students
- To date the GECDSB have implemented before and after school programming in all schools that have demonstrated sufficient interest to do so.
- Select schools may also offer programs during school breaks or on professional development (PD) days.
Schools With Kids Club Programs
- Kids Club programs are After School Recreation Programs available for students in Grades 1-8
The Extended Day Program
The Extended Day Program is specifically developed for four and five year olds under the operational framework of the Education Act under S.259. The program is optional to families on a fee for service basis. The viability of the Extended Day Program is explored by conducting an annual survey of families' needs. This program will be considered if twenty or more children demonstrate an interest in registering for the program on a consistent basis.
Please note that the proposed extended day fees are subject to change.