The GECDSB understands the importance of partnering and collaborating with our parents and community members to help support our First Nations, Métis, and Inuit students as well as bring a positive awareness about First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples to all students and staff.
We have created opportunities to regularly meet with our parents and community throughout the school year.
Principles for our journey together (Terms of Engagement)
· Commit to sharing our gifts to support the Indigenous Education Advisory Committee mandate
· Respond in a timely manner to communication
· Respond to others in a good way
· Address all concerns directly to the Committee in a good way
· Commit to engage on a regular basis
· Conclude all meetings with a final opportunity for all to share