The Mathify Online Tutoring Program
TVO Mathify is a free resource that GECDSB students can access to receive help with their math homework. This online tutoring is provided online by Ontario Certified Teachers who specialize in teaching Mathematics.
Students will be able to login to Mathify and access a variety of different resources including:
- Free math tutoring
- Ask a Teacher shared whiteboards
- Listen & Learn presentations with certified teachers
- Interactive tutorials
- Research databases
- Scientific Calculator with tutorials
- Virtual Seminars
In order to access the online tutoring service each student's Ontario Education Number, Birth Date, Grade and Math Course Code will be sent electronically to the Independent Learning Centre (ILC).
If you do not want your son/daughter's information to be sent to the ILC please contact David Gomes at 519-255-3200 x10226 .
Student Registrations for TVO Mathify
Students should follow the instructions outlined below in order to register for their Mathify student accounts.
Student Registrations for TVO Mathify.pdf
Using this method, students use the same login as the rest of their publicboard accounts and do not need to know another website, username or password.
1. Navigate to www.publicboard.ca and scroll to the bottom of the screen under the section Quick Links. Select the orange icon titled "Online and Blended Learning Resource Site".
2. Login through the Publicboard login screen, using your student number and password, which is the same for school computers, WiFi, etc.
3. Click on the TVO Resources icon in the Navbar and select the TVO Mathify Icon.
4. The registration page will open and pull in all pertinent information, including the student's username (student number), Email address, and OEN. Student must:
- Create a password
- Select their grade
- Select their course code (after selecting grade)
- Select their school board
5. Click Submit
6. Verify your email (student email in O365)
7. After verifying email, students will be logged into the Mathify site.
8. After the initial registration, students can log-in using the same process as signing up, but only follow steps 1-3.