Applications are now being accepted for Student Trustee positions for the 2020-21 school year.
GREATER ESSEX COUNTY DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
(2 Positions available: 1 representative from an Essex County secondary school and
1 representative from a City of Windsor secondary school)
The Greater Essex County District School Board invites applications from eligible, qualified students for the position of STUDENT TRUSTEE to serve for the term
August 1, 2020 to July 31, 2021.
Student Trustees are eligible to receive an honorarium and reimbursement for pre-approved expenses incurred
in the performance of their duties.
To be eligible for the position of Student Trustee, candidates must:
- be in Grade 11 or Grade 12 in the year in which they intend to serve as Student Trustee;
- be in full-time attendance at a secondary school under the jurisdiction of the GECDSB; and
- have access to reliable transportation for meetings, which are normally held at 451 Park Street West in Windsor. Occasionally, meetings will be held outside the City of Windsor in Essex County which will be determined at a later date. (A pre-approved travel allowance is available to successful candidates).
- attend on the 1st Tuesday of each month Standing Committee Meetings (Education and Operations and Finance) which commence at 7:00 p.m.;
- attend and co-chair on the 2nd Tuesday of each month the Student Senate Meeting which commences at 4:30 p.m.;
- attend on the 3rd Tuesday of each month a Public Board Meeting which commences at 7:00 p.m.;
- serve on Ad Hoc Board Committees, as required;
- demonstrate confidentiality and discretion at all times;
- maintain excellent attendance and conduct in accordance with Board Governance By-Laws and the GECDSB’s Code of Conduct policy and regulation AD-28;
and, other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates must demonstrate the following: leadership, initiative, excellent communication skills, reliability and punctuality, ability to work independently without supervision, public speaking skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
Applications must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 28, 2020 by:
Erin Kelly, Director of Education
Greater Essex County District School Board
451 Park Street West, P.O. Box 210
Windsor, ON N9A 6K1
Applications must include:
- a detailed resume indicating your phone number, age, grade level, academic average, extra-curricular activities, employment and/or community service;
- a 500 word essay on “How I See the Role of Student Trustee”; and
- the confidential “Principal Recommendation for Student Trustee Candidate” form.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you would like more information on the position of Student Trustee, contact:
Student Trustee Liaison Michelle Marcuz: 519-255-3200 ext. 10371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Trustee Anumita Jain: (226) 260-9692 or email@example.com
Student Trustee Nabil Johny: (226) 975-7683 or firstname.lastname@example.org