Applications are now being accepted for Student Trustee positions for the 2019-20 school year.
GREATER ESSEX COUNTY DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
(2 Positions available: 1 representative from an Essex County secondary school and
1 representative from a City of Windsor secondary school)
The Greater Essex County District School Board invites applications from eligible, qualified students for the position of STUDENT TRUSTEE to serve for the term - August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020.
Student Trustees are eligible to receive an honorarium and reimbursement for pre-approved expenses incurred
in the performance of their duties.
To be eligible for the position of Student Trustee, candidates must:
· be in Grade 11 or Grade 12 in the year in which they intend to serve as Student Trustee;
· be in full-time attendance at a secondary school under the jurisdiction of the GECDSB; and
· have access to reliable transportation for meetings, which are normally held at 451 Park Street West in Windsor. (A pre-approved travel allowance is available to successful candidates).
· attend on the 1st Tuesday of each month Standing Committee Meetings (Education and Operations and Finance) which commence at 7:00 p.m.;
· attend and co-chair on the 2nd Tuesday of each month the Student Senate Meeting which commences at 4:30 p.m.;
· attend on the 3rd Tuesday of each month a Public Board Meeting which commences at 7:00 p.m.;
· serve on Ad Hoc Board Committees, as required;
· demonstrate confidentiality and discretion at all times;
· maintain excellent attendance and conduct in accordance with Board Governance By-Laws and the GECDSB's Code of Conduct policy and regulation AD-28; and,
· other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates must demonstrate the following: leadership, initiative, excellent communication skills, reliability and punctuality, ability to work independently without supervision, public speaking skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
Applications must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 8, 2019 by:
Erin Kelly, Director of Education
Greater Essex County District School Board
451 Park Street West, P.O. Box 210
Windsor, ON N9A 6K1
Applications must include:
· a detailed resume indicating your age, grade level, academic average, extra-curricular activities, employment and/or community service;
· a 500 word essay on "How I See the Role of Student Trustee"; and
· A confidential recommendation from the Principal.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you would like more information on the position of Student Trustee, contact:
Student Trustee Liaison Michelle Marcuz: 519-255-3200 ext. 10371 or email@example.com
Student Trustee Iman Berry: 226-246-6647 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Trustee Layla Bakaa: 226-348-5665 or email@example.com