The application period for 2020 GECDSB Bursaries and Scholarships is now closed.
Scroll down to the Scholarships and Bursaries Database to see which awards are still open for application.
IMPORTANT CHANGES - APPLICATIONS FOR GECDSB AWARDS - UPDATED APRIL 18, 2020
As schools in Ontario will remain closed until at least May as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the application process for GECDSB bursaries and scholarships has changed. Students are no longer required to print and submit signed paper applications to Guidance. Instead, any student who has completed the application online will be considered for the awards for which they applied. For questions about GECDSB awards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the updated information below. >>>
Bursaries/Scholarships – Application for GECDSB Awards
Students use an online tool to apply for the Greater Essex County District School Board bursaries and scholarships: student.publicboard.ca
When the application is completed online, students must still print the paper copy, have their parent/guardian add the household income and sign and date the application, then return it to Guidance.
Below is a link to a video tutorial on how students use the scholarships and bursaries application:
The online tool provides students with:
- Easy application
- Ability to save the application (and work on it again later)
- Ability to print (parents/guardians will include household income, sign and date the paper copy)
- The Robert Little and Debra Deane Little Scholarship, most generously, is offered to 7 GECDSB graduating students at a value of $10,000 per year, for up to 4 years of post-secondary studies at a Canadian university
- Students must include ONLY ONE letter of reference from a teacher when applying for the Robert Little and Debra Deane Little Scholarship
- Students may message a teacher via Edsby to request a reference letter
- Students will e-mail their letters of reference to email@example.com
- The deadline for bursary/scholarship applications to be submitted online is: Friday, May 1st by 4pm
Need help? Contact Natalie Middleton Bondy, Teacher Consultant – Guidance/Student Success, 519-255-3200 ext. 10211
The Greater Essex County District School Board (GECDSB) is committed to providing students with information on the many scholarships and bursaries for which they may apply. The financial aid provided through these scholarships and bursaries can help make post-secondary education more affordable.
Many secondary schools have awards, bursaries and scholarships that are unique to the specific school. That is, only students attending a given school may apply for certain school-specific awards. Check with your Guidance Counsellor for a list of such awards.
Please note that some of the applications require transcripts, letters of reference, etc. Many of these documents take a week or more to acquire, so please make the requests for transcripts and letters well before the scholarship or bursary application deadline.
Scholarships and bursary organizations change requirements, deadlines, award amounts, criteria and websites periodically. In some cases, awards may be cancelled. Be sure to check that the organization's information is up-to-date.
Click below to access a list of some of the scholarships and bursaries available to students.
(Please note that this list of bursaries./scholarships is updated on an ongoing basis. Content expires and is revised periodically.)
Scholarship & Financial Aid Resources