Connecting to GECDSB WIFI Networks
The "Engaged Communities" network is available in all GECDSB schools and facilities and is meant for all visitors to GECDSB schools and facilities who do not have publicboard.ca credentials. The "Engaged Communities" network is intended to provide convenient access to the Internet for web browsing and other common activities for a period of 1 hour and is an open, non-encrypted network.
- Open, unencrypted network
- Access anywhere on GECDSB schools and facilities
- No username or password is needed
- Ensure your wireless enabled device is turned on and has its wireless signal / switch activated.
- Go to your device wireless settings and choose "Engaged Communities" in the list of available wireless networks and connect.
- Once the device connects to the network, "Engaged Communities" page will load with the Digital Responsibility Policy. Read the policy and select "Accept".
- If the "Engaged Communities" page does not automatically open, manually launch a browser and enter wireless.publicboard.ca. "Engaged Communities" page will load with the Acceptable Use Policy. Read the policy and select "Accept".
- Once you see GECDSB website, you have successfully connected.