Current Grade 9 – Grade 12 Secondary School Students
Application procedures for
Public Secondary School Transfers
The Greater Essex County District School Board announces out of district procedures for all current secondary school students of the board who wish to attend a public secondary school outside their designated residential attendance area for the school year beginning September 2021.
The following conditions must be observed:
- Students are to obtain an out of district request for transfer package from the main office of their current secondary school. A parent/guardian signature is required for all students under the age of eighteen (18).
- Secondary transfer packages must be returned to the requested secondary school during the following times:
Monday February 8, 2021 to 3:00 p.m. Monday, February 22, 2021
- Although the general policy of the board is to allow transfers, some restrictions will be in place based on the enrolment capacity of individual schools.
This procedure does not apply to students entering the STEPS program.
Transportation will not be provided for students who choose to transfer out of district.
Vincent Massey Secondary School is closed for transfer requests.
- Acceptance at the requested school becomes a commitment to attend for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Any inquiries may be directed to the Principal of your current Greater Essex County Secondary School.
Superintendent of Student Success and Alternative Education