- Cooperative Education involves a partnership
between the student, employer, school and the parent/guardian.
- Cooperative Education is a program in which students earn credits through related subjects and the cooperative education
course (classroom and placement component)
- Cooperative Education assists students who are bound for college, the workplace, university and apprenticeship.
- Placement experiences assist students in developing knowledge, skills and attitudes in the workplace.
- Cooperative Education teachers and employers; conduct on-site learning assessments.
Is Cooperative Education for You?
- Students interested in increasing their knowledge of the working world and explore career options.
- Students who wish to gain valuable work experience.
- Students registered for an SHSM working to obtain the red seal.
- Develop maturity, self confidence and employment related skills
Benefits for Employers
- Train, access and recruit future employees.
- Enhance the company image in the community.
- Develop supervisory skills in your employees.
BRDHS COOPERATIVE EDUCATION CONTACT INFO:
Mr. Rick Dugal
Belle River District High School
333 South Street
Contact Rick Dugal
Cooperative Education Application Form (Feb2016) (no grey fill).pdf
Students and Parents
What is Cooperative Education
Cooperative Education Curriculum Documents
CO-OP, OYAP and SHSM at the GECDSB - The Big Picture