Current Grade 9 – Grade 12 Secondary School Students
Application procedures for
Public Secondary School Transfers
The Greater Essex County District School Board announces the secondary school student transfer process for all current grade 9 to grade 12 secondary school students of the board who wish to attend a public secondary school outside their designated residential attendance area for the school year beginning September, 2019.
The following conditions must be observed:
- Students are to obtain a request for transfer package from the main office of their current secondary school. A parent/guardian signature is required for all students under the age of eighteen (18).
- Secondary transfer packages must be returned to the requested secondary school during the following times:
8:00 a.m. Monday, February 4th to 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 15th, 2019
Applications made after this date will not be accepted
unless course selection is available.
- Although the general policy of the board is to allow out of district transfers, some restrictions will be in place based on the enrolment capacity of individual schools.
- This procedure does not apply to students entering into the STEPS, MAPS programs.
- Transportation will not be provided for students who choose to transfer out of district.
- Vincent Massey is a closed boundary school to out of district transfers.
- Acceptance at the requested school becomes a commitment to attend for the 2019-20 school year.
- Any inquiries may be directed to the Principal of your current Greater Essex County Secondary School.
Vicki Houston,Superintendent of Secondary School Staffing