As parents / guardians and educators one of our foremost concerns is the safety and well-being of our children. Periodically it is important to remind young people how they can keep themselves safe while in the community.
Please reinforce with your children the importance of the following safety precautions:
- Never walk alone
- Choose one route to school and always take that route
- Inform a parent/guardian if you will not be home immediately after school and when you will be home
- Never talk to or accept anything from a stranger
- If someone approaches you, tries to speak with you, follows you or makes you feel uncomfortable go to the nearest store, school or familiar location and seek the assistance of a trusted adult
- If you are approached, or notice someone watching you tell your parent/guardian or a school staff member immediately
This message is a precautionary measure to keep our children safe. If parents/guardians have concerns regarding something observed or reported by a student please contact police immediately.