School Climate Survey 2017
The purpose of the school climate survey is to strengthen our system and our individual schools by celebrating our strengths, acknowledging our weaknesses and planning the next steps to ensure positive learning and working environments for everyone.
- Data for the student and parent surveys conducted in the Winter of 2017 indicates:
- A majority of respondents reported no issues of bullying at KDHS.
- A majority of the respondents reported having at least one friend and/or an adult at KDHS that they could talk to.
- A majority of respondents feel safe at KDHS.
- A majority of respondents feel welcome in and around KDHS.
- The survey results demonstrate a need to review:
- Perception of cleanliness and attractiveness of the school.
- Only a small majority of respondents indicated that they ate a breakfast every instructional day.
- As a result of the school climate survey we will:
- Work with custodial and maintenance staff to maintain and improve the cleanliness of the school.
- Continue to educate on the importance of a properly balanced and healthy diet.
- Promote the Breakfast for Learning and healthy snack programs offered at KDHS.
A full copy of our school's survey results is available upon request.