Essex District High School destroyed by fire in February leaving Kingsville residents to discuss the question of opening a local high school.
Kingsville High School opened in September on the present site. Purchased from Mrs. E. Harris (originally built by Mr. Solomon Wigle).
Principal A. W. Massey and three teachers were responsible for about 100 students.
1928 – 1939
Enrolment around 230 with 6 overburdened teachers.
Two rooms added to the building and Shop and Home Economics departments were set up.
The Cadet Corps played a prominent role in school life and two years later became officially associated with the Essex Scottish Regiment. In World War II, the school was represented in every branch of the services and on every front. The Kingsville High School Cadet Corps disbanded between 1966-1968.
Six and a half acres of land were purchased from Mrs. T.D. Campbell in order to secure a playing field.
The official opening of the new and up-to-date Kingsville District High School building.
The high school’s first gymnasium.
School colours changed from green and gold to purple and gold.
1963, 1967, 1972
Additions were completed to meet the needs of the baby boom generation. Enrollment expanded from approximately 400 in the early 1960s to 1000 by the early 1970s. The gymnasium became the cafeteria and the former cafeteria became the library.
Migration Hall opened for school and community use.
The Communities of Harrow District High School and Kingsville District High School merge together at the KDHS site.