GECDSB BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CHILD CARE SURVEY
The Greater Essex County District School Board recognizes that school based before and after school child care is both required and valued by many families in our school communities. Elementary schools can offer a before and after school program for children in Kindergarten through Grade Six where the school community is in support of on-site before and after school care on a fee for service basis. Each year we survey families in school communities who currently do not have a Before and After School Child Care Program and Child Care program in order to determine interest in establishing a before and after school child care program.
In establishing and maintaining before and after school programs the Board can partner with a Child Care Program provider to offer the service through a “third party agreement.”
The GECDSB has partnered with a number of local Child Care Program Providers in order to offer Before and After School Child Care in a number of school communities. A program description is provided below. Please indicate whether you are interested in registering your children for a Before and After school program at your elementary school. If enough interest is expressed in your school community we will be in touch to confirm your interest before proceeding to establish a program. Thank you for your time and consideration.
CHILD CARE FEE ASSISTANCE:
Financial assistance with child care fees may be available to families who are working or attending school. To determine eligibility please visit www.citywindsor.ca and search “fee assistance” or call (519) 255-5312.
Parents who wish to have their child attend the Before and After School Extended Day Program at their school are required to provide transportation to and from school each day.
Please note the following:
• Programs are coordinated by a Registered Early Childhood Educator
• Fee approximately: $7.50 - $25.00 for before and after school care. Rates are determined by childcare operator
• Discounts may be available for 2 or more children in the same family
• Scheduling options may be available
• Hours of operation vary based on school hours but can range from prior to school 6:00am – 9:10am / after school 2:30pm – 6:00pm. These hours may vary based on the needs of the family
• The Full Day Kindergarten program would follow the Extended Day Program
• Childcare Programs would possibly accommodate 18 months – 12 year old, dependent on the school site and needs
• The Program may be available on Professional Development Days, Christmas and March Break and summer based on sufficient need
• An Annual Registration fee may apply
Please complete the survey found on the second page when clicking below if you are interested in bringing before and after school child care to Prince Edward:
before and after child care at pe.doc
Completed surveys can be dropped off at the school by Friday, Feburary 26th.