To Roseland Public School Student Advisory Council
As a school council member, you can help your council discover new and exciting ways to contribute to the education of students in our school. Education is a partnership involving parents, students, teachers, principals, school boards, government and the community. Your involvement in the council gives you the opportunity to strengthen that partnership, and to be a part of a dedicated team working to ensure a high quality of education and an accountable education system for the children of Ontario. Your participation will make a difference!
Characteristics of Effective School Councils
Effective school councils are those that:
- Focus on students learning and the best interests of all students.
- Are actively involved in setting school priorities for improving student achievement.
- Promote meaningful parental and community involvement and actively seek the views of their school communities.
- Have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Keep well informed of school and board policies and procedures.
- Have clear and consistent processes for decision making.
- Maintain high ethical standards.
- Have members who have developed mutual trust and respect for one another.
School Council Executive 2015-2016
||Kelly McRobb- Ackland|
||Ann Marie Basile|
Please feel free to email Ann Marie Basile, School Council Chair, if you have any questions or suggestions about School Council at:
School Council Meeting Dates:
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 6pm in Library
Tuesday, February 23, 2016 6pm in Library
Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6pm in Library
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 6pm in Library