Due to our student and staff population and the physical footprint of the school, in combination with, Ministry of Education and Windsor Essex County Health Unit directives:
Vincent Massey Secondary School will be operating under the following schedule while we are in the current model (Week1 and Week 2).
Warning Bell - 8:40
Period 1 (week 1); Period 3 (week 2) - 8:45 – 11:15
Break/Transition - 11:15 – 11:30
Warning Bell - 11:25
Period 2 (week 1); Period 4 (week 2) - 11:30 -2:00
Students depart building - 2:00
• Students will have the opportunity to eat during class under the direction of the teacher. All COVID safety procedures will be followed.
• Students may go outside during the 15 minute transition.
• Students will be dismissed at 2:00pm to leave for the day. Students in the building after 2pm must be under the supervision of a staff member.
• Our STEPS classes will operate under their usual schedule.
8:25 Arrival as per Bus Schedule
8:45-10:00 Period 1
10:00 – 11:15 Period 2
11:15 – 12:00 Lunch
12:00 – 1:15 Period 3
1:15 – 2:30 Period 4
2:30 Departure as per Bus Schedule
• We continue to work with our students, staff, and community to ensure the safety of everyone at Massey SS, working under the direction of the Ministry of Education, Windsor Essex County Health Unit and the Greater Essex County District School Board.
Mr. M. Hawkins, Principal, VMSS