The Greater Essex County District School Board Math Team is aware of the need for parents and guardians to have access to high quality mathematics resources in order to better understand how our children learn mathematics developmentally in order to provide support. While our journey to transforming mathematics teaching and learning has just begun, we have already created mathematics supports to assist.
We plan to continue creating resources to support both the parents and educators in our district, so be sure to check back often.
Parent & Guardian Guides
In an attempt to help both parents and guardians from our district to understand mathematics conceptually, we have developed handy guides to unpack some mathematical concepts.
Math Resources For Use At Home
The following are a list of resources that parents and guardians may find useful for the classroom and/or at home.
- TVO Mathify [Gr 7-10]
- University of Waterloo: Problem of the Week Archive [Gr 3-12]
- University of Waterloo: MathFrog – Math Games [Gr 4-6]
- University of Waterloo: Past Math Contests [Gr 6-8]
- Cool Math Games [Gr K-6]
- ABCya! [Gr K-6]
- MPower [Gr K-6]
- Ministry of Education: Literacy and Numeracy Strategy [Gr K-6]
- Math Is Fun: Games [Gr 4-6]
- Math Playground [Gr K-6]
- Knowledgehook [Gr 3-10] (if student account set up by teacher)
- Zorbits Math Adventure [Gr K-3] (if student account set up by teacher)
- Khan Academy – Math [Gr K-12]
- Everyday Mathematics: Games [K-5]
- University of Waterloo: Courseware and Resources [Gr 3-12]
- Prodigy [Gr 1-8]