The Greater Essex County District School Board Math Team is aware of the need for both parents and educators to have access to high quality mathematics resources in order to better understand how our children learn mathematics developmentally in order to provide support. While our journey to transforming mathematics teaching and learning has just begun, we have already created mathematics supports to assist.
We plan to continue creating resources to support both the parents and educators in our district, so be sure to check back often.
In an attempt to help both parents and educators from our district to understand mathematics conceptually, we have developed handy guides to unpack some mathematical concepts.
The following are a list of resources that educators may find useful for the classroom and/or for sharing with parents/guardians at home.
- TVO Mathify [Gr 7-10]
- University of Waterloo: Problem of the Week Archive [Gr 3-12]
- University of Waterloo: MathFrog – Math Games [Gr 4-6]
- University of Waterloo: Past Math Contests [Gr 6-8]
- Cool Math Games [Gr K-6]
- ABCya! [Gr K-6]
- MPower [Gr K-6]
- Ministry of Education: Literacy and Numeracy Strategy [Gr K-6]
- Math Is Fun: Games [Gr 4-6]
- Math Playground [Gr K-6]
- Knowledgehook [Gr 3-10] (if student account set up by teacher)
- Zorbits Math Adventure [Gr K-3] (if student account set up by teacher)
- Khan Academy – Math [Gr K-12]
- Everyday Mathematics: Games [K-5]
- University of Waterloo: Courseware and Resources [Gr 3-12]
- Prodigy [Gr 1-8]