Out of District - Secondary

If you are a current Grade 8 student and would like to attend a Greater Essex County District School Board (GECDSB) Secondary School other than your designated school, you must apply to be accepted.

How to apply

To apply for an alternative secondary school, you will need to first obtain a Grade 8 to Grade 9 Out of District information postcard from your elementary school office.

Next, fill out the online Grade 8 to Grade 9 application before the deadline in January prior to the next school year to be considered.

Please note that you may only complete an out of district application for one secondary school.

When don't I need to apply?

If you are accepted to one of the following secondary schools, you do not need to complete the Grade 8 to Grade 9 out of district application:

  • International Baccalaureate Programme (IB) at Riverside or Leamington Secondary School
  • Enriched Program at Vincent Massey
  • eSTEAM at Tecumseh Vista Academy
  • WCCA Walkerville Collegiate